Introducing John Everett ’94, Drury University Alumni Council President
I graduated from Drury in 1994 with a degree in business administration. My wife, Cyd, and I have four children: two high schoolers, one Drury student, and one Drury alum. I am president and CEO of Legacy Bank and Trust. I’m entering my fourth year on the Alumni Council, and I also serve on the Breech Advisory Council.
I approached then Drury president Todd Parnell in 2013 and told him I wanted to be more involved in the university. He encouraged me to apply and serve on the council. It has been a great experience and has allowed me to spend time with the administration, faculty, staff, students and alumni throughout the country. There is an immense amount of talent here.
If you’re interested in getting more involved with our alma mater, consider one of these next steps:
- Connect with your nearest Drury regional board/representative by attending events or serving in a leadership role. We have regional boards in Kansas City, St. Louis, Tulsa, NW Arkansas, Washington D.C. and San Francisco. We have regional alumni representatives in Cincinnati, New York, Memphis, Atlanta, Boston and Colorado.
- We want to know about your changes and success. Send us your recognition, accomplishments, promotions and life events so we can include them in our Alumni Office Panther Tracks.
- Use #DruryNetwork when you’re connecting with other Drury alumni or representing our alma mater on social media. We love to see the connections you make and what you share on our social media sites.
- Attend events to connect with your fellow alumni. Events like homecoming, reunion and athletic events help you stay in touch with the Drury community. You can even sponsor an event for alumni in your area!
- Refer quality students to Drury. If you know a student who would be a good fit for Drury’s undergraduate or graduate programs, send us that student’s information. We’ll share it with Drury’s admission department.
Want more information on how to take your next step? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Everett ’94
Alumni Council President
Greetings Drury Alumni!
I am humbled to have been your Alumni Council president for 2015-16. It was a pleasure to work with our diverse and talented council and lead our alumni in advancing Drury University.
As I transition into the next stage of my life, I reflect on the many great times at Drury and how we want to move forward together.
Michael Wehrenberg ’99
Thank you for helping to pass on the great lifetime opportunities that a Drury education provides. By taking part in the 531 CHALLENGE, you’ve helped students like Dallas and Jenny.
“While at Drury, I’ve made incredible friendships with people of various backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints. I’ve also developed relationships with my professors and mentors who have taken a personal interest in my success. These relationships have helped me create a network of people who will empower me to make a positive difference.”
Dallas Duncan ’16
“I came to Drury to be close to home and be involved in a small school environment. I stay at Drury because I’ve found my best friends and my family. My peers who inspire me, my advisor who pushes me, and my professors who teach me—all enable me to be successful and productive in my post-graduate life.”
Jenny Scoggin ’16
There are many ways you can support Drury students. Find out how at alumni.drury.edu/giving.